At Mosaic Home Care Services we felt it was important to implement a Client Services Nurse Consultant into our client services department. Family caregivers may need more support expertise and oversight on the nursing side while looking after family members at home and in the community.
Higher level focus into the care plan development, than the typical home care company, especially with respect to goal setting and consideration of intrinsic capacity to supporting functional ability.
When a call is received in our client services department, enquiries of a nursing nature will be connected to the Client Services Nurse Consultant for assessment and care planning.
Examples of oversight that may need to be monitored
- Palliative Care - nursing aspect
- End-of-Life Care - nursing aspect
- Pain and symptom management
- Medication management
- Wound care
- Connect to the family or client after discharge from hospital if any medical concerns and facilitate continuity of hospital care to home
- Supports, resources and training for the frontline teams
- Oversight of the frontline teams
- Goal setting with the client
With support of the Nurse Mosaic aims to provide:
- Higher standards of person-centered care.
- Interaction and oversight of front-line teams to include nurses and Personal Support Workers especially those working with complex care needs.
- Client Care Planning: development of care plans based on information from assessments as well as the communication of more detailed instructions to caregivers.
- Client Care Oversight and Nursing Oversight: Review caregiver’s notes and feedback for improved and updated care plan and refer to other health care services as needed.
For more complex specialized services which includes oversight services and care navigation click here. Additional fees will apply for this type of service.