COVID-19 Vaccinations Updates
This morning the City announced its Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan (launching March 29), to help ensure vulnerable residents and seniors can access COVID-19 vaccinations, by removing barriers to transportation and making it easier to travel to clinics.
Assistance with Transportation to Vaccine Appointments
This morning the City announced its Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan (launching March 29), to help ensure vulnerable residents and seniors can access COVID-19 vaccinations, by removing barriers to transportation and making it easier to travel to clinics. This includes rides with TTC, Uber and assisted community transportation services (Toronto Ride, Scarborough Ride and iRide). For details see “Transportation to Clinics” on this page or be in touch with your questions.
Supporting Seniors to Register for Appointments
Thank you to community agencies and seniors-serving organizations for calling your senior clients and assisting them to register for vaccine appointments. Registration for immunization clinic appointments is lower than planned at this time. Please let us know if there are barriers your clients face, or that you as an organization face in supporting senior clients to register.
The Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan has been made available through generous donations from organizations, partners and the community. Donations can be made to sponsor a ride to a vaccine clinic through Toronto’s donation portal, DonateTO www.toronto.ca/business-economy/partnerships-sponsorships-donations/donate (click on “Where to Give” and then select the Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan).
- The most up to date vaccine information is available at www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-protect-yourself-others/covid-19-vaccines/
- A map of vaccine locations is available at www.toronto.ca/COVID19vaccinemap
- You can register for vaccine appointments:
- for mass immunization clinics at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/ or 1‑833‑943‑3900
- at a hospital immunization clinic at www.vaccineto.ca or 1-888-385-1910
- by calling a participating pharmacy near you – find one at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations