COVID-19 Symptoms To Watch For
COVID-19 symptoms range from common to severe respiratory illnesses and include:
- Muscle aches and tiredness
- Difficulty breathing
Less commonly: sore throat, headache and diarrhea have been reported.
Older patients and those with chronic medical conditions may be at higher risk for severe illness.
Coronaviruses are spread mainly from person to person through close contact, for example, in a household, workplace or health care centre. There is no vaccine available to protect against the 2019 novel coronavirus.
There are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses. Take these everyday steps to reduce exposure to the virus and protect your health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill. Please use gloves and mask if you happen to be with a client that has cold symptoms
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Stay home when you are ill
- Good coughing etiquette (coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue then throwing the tissue in the trash and washing your hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing contact your local health provider. Or TeleHealth if after hours 1-866-797-0000
Please call Mosaic if …
- You are experiencing symptoms listed above.
- For any change in the health of your family member
- If you have been in close contact with a probable case of COVID-19 or with anyone that has recently travelled outside of the country the past 14 days.